This month I'm inspired by entertaining in the garden. Clean lines and muted tones mixed with beautiful plantings will set the tone for any fete.
1. These pool locker baskets would make great centerpieces when lined with sheet moss and planted with powdered succulents. Alternately, place them on the ground as creches filled with moss and tickseed "little penny" or a bundle of blue fescue.
2. Flank the bar area with these low zinc planters placed on tall pedestals.Fill each with an unexpected planting. Here I have sourced a profusion of Mamoth Red Rock Cabbage.
3. Outdoor umbrellas give any patio an added three dimensional feel while creating shade for guests. Charcoal and linen canvas versions are a must.
4.Corbels topped with a thin bluestone slab creates the perfect spot to store extra glasses and napkins.
5. Mark the entrance to the patio with these Campania urns and plant with a brown leaf turkey fig or sweet bay tree.
Eugenia topiaries would also look great.
6. After dinner, fill these zinc footed bowls with decadent delights or fresh fruit.
7. Using natural cord, tie a unique seed packet to a Guy Wolff pot as a kind gesture of thanks for each guest.