Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Trash Talk



The New York Times recently featured an article about an Upper East Side couple who "branded" their trash containers in hopes to prevent their street side theft.

As I read the piece, the Bonanza theme music began playing in my head. Morphing Ponderosa and Park Avenue, I envisioned herds of trash bins individually branded as per owner.

The branding process could become similar to a family tartan, an iconic seal, motto or crest that is assumed with pride from generation to generation.
Hey, this could be fun!

While the owners of the article took on Gucci, Prada and Fendi as their avatars, what about a little poetry, haiku or Broadway chorus? If it were my concern, I'd opt for recycling stats from Fresh Kills landfill, the recipe for compost tea or ideas for leftovers.

Ya Dig?